Can you continue with your normal exercise during pregnancy? Well, back in the old days, pregnant women were considered to be fragile beings that should be hidden away until delivery. It is not true for this modern era. Pregnant women can proceed with the exercise as long as the exercise is safe for pregnancy.
Routine exercise should be continue even when you are pregnant, it does not give you the excuse that you can’t get out there and get some active exercise. Before starting your exercise, consult your doctor and be sure to fit in daily exercises during your pregnancy. In order to clear you for exercise, your doctor may give you some guidelines to follow to ensure a healthy pregnancy, but to get you started, here are some exercise guidelines of our own.
Sports & Recreation activities and exercises to avoid include:
- -Contact sports and most competitive sports
- -Any activity that can result in falling, such as downhill skiing or mountain biking
- -Lying on your back or stomach during exercise, after the beginning of the fourth month
- -Lifting heavy objects or heavy weight lifting
- -Intense cardiovascular exercise – your heartbeat should remain under 140 beats per minute during your workout.
- -Scuba diving or any activity that involves pressurized air
The most appropriate exercise during pregnancy can include:
- -Prenatal Yoga
Exercise is important during this period. It can alleviate aches and pains, depression, and fatigue. Exercise also gives you the endurance and flexibility to get through your pregnancy and through labor. Get out there, get active, and stay healthy. Exercise during your pregnancy is a great thing to do for you AND your baby.